- The Gnostic Glossary is divided into FOUR sections.
- To access entries, scroll down, then click on a term.
- For consistency and easy comparison, certain standard terms have been used in the explanations
(and inserted in parentheses in the quotations). These standard terms are:
- The One - for God, Father, Parent, Root etc.
- The saviour - for the Son, Christ, Word, Autogenes, Seth etc.
- Sophia - for Wisdom, Achamoth, Pistis etc.
- The Elect - for the Gnostics, Pneumatics, Chosen ones, sons of Seth etc.
- All quotations are from the standard translations of the Nag Hammadi texts, unless otherwise noted.
- All square and pointed brackets (which indicate lacuna and corrected omissions in the standard translations) have been removed.
- Parentheses are used for the addition of standard terms.
- Only the title of the text is given as a reference. On some occasions, the standard page and line numbers are added.
- The source of the quotation may be found by copying it and doing an on-line search at the Nag Hammadi Library complements of Gnosis.org.
- Reposted with permission from Laurence Caruana, the author of " The Hidden Passion ".
" The Logos-Wisdomis the principle of all Divine and Esoteric Revelations. She has the characteristics of being the indwelling revealer of God. She ISthe active principle and the transmitter of all Divine knowledge as well as the Cosmological cause of all Creation. "
" Love is the condition in which the happiness of another person is essential to your own. " --Robert A. Heinlein